• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

AG106.4 Dual Drain [2003 IRC]

TimNY

Platinum Member
I understand the intent here. Two drains so that one drain isn't the only device on the suction side. What I normally [have always] seen is a main drain line into a tee which extends ~18" in either direction to a main drain.

What I saw today was two main drains that were piped independently to a manifold (with the surface skimmers), each with it's own shutoff valve.

The section says "piped so that water is drawn through them simultaneously"; i don't see where this installation is in violation, but certainly I think it defeats the purpose.

Anybody have anything to reference on this? Has ICC done an interp?

Thanks,

Tim