• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ALOHA from Hawaii

jaycee

Hello all. I have been on this site since 2011, but have never posted anything. Everyday I step into the office, I always swing by the forum threads and view all of the interesting information you all post. I would like to thank all of the members who always help the new guys enforce the building codes. Hopefully, if I ever encounter any issues/code violations, you guys can point me to the right direction.

Welcome!!!

Which island are you on?

Will visit Oahu and Maui in sept for the first time

+ + * + +

Also, ...Welcome to The Building Codes Forum **jaycee** ! :cool:

+ + * + +

Welcome and Aloha!

Glad you came out and posted, jump in whenever, the water is fine. (Maybe not as fine as Oahu) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks northstar

Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in mud, pretty soon you realize that the pig is enjoying it! - isn't it soo true

+ + = =

I'm almost sure that **fatboy** meant "Aloha !............D`OH ! :mrgreen:

= = + +

jaycee said:
Hello all. I have been on this site since 2011, but have never posted anything. Everyday I step into the office, I always swing by the forum threads and view all of the interesting information you all post. I would like to thank all of the members who always help the new guys enforce the building codes. Hopefully, if I ever encounter any issues/code violations, you guys can point me to the right direction.
So any good bars very near Waikiki, that have many beer taps????

cda said:
So any good bars very near Waikiki, that have many beer taps????
sorry cda, my bar hopping days are over. I spend my free time with the wife and kid, and sometimes paddle surfing.

jaycee said:
sorry cda, my bar hopping days are over. I spend my free time with the wife and kid, and sometimes paddle surfing.
How about cheap good breakfast near the Waikiki beach

cda said:
How about cheap good breakfast near the Waikiki beach
CDA,

I don't venture in Waikiki very often, but this place is ok:

Hula Grill

2335 Kalakaua Ave

Ste 203

Honolulu, HI 96815

If you are willing to travel:

Mitsu-Ken Okazu

2300 N King St.

Honolulu, HI 96819

Just order any breakfast special that includes the garlic chicken. Go there early, or make a phone order the day before, don't be surprised if you stand in line for 15 min to make an order... the locals say" ONO / Broke the Mouth"

ALOHA

jaycee said:
CDA,I don't venture in Waikiki very often, but this place is ok:

Hula Grill

2335 Kalakaua Ave

Ste 203

Honolulu, HI 96815

Mitsu-Ken Okazu

2300 N King St.

Honolulu, HI 96819

Just order any breakfast special that includes the garlic chicken. Go there early, or make a phone order the day before, don't be surprised if you stand in line for 15 min to make an order... the locals say" ONO / Broke the Mouth"

ALOHA
Thanks......

Glad you did not recommend this one

http://www.thebuildingcodeforum.com/forum/off-topic-posts/14761-commercial-vent-hood.html

jaycee said:

Hula Grill

2335 Kalakaua Ave

Ste 203

Honolulu, HI 96815

Mitsu-Ken Okazu

2300 N King St.

Honolulu, HI 96819

ALOHA
HAY, that is the hotel I am staying at!!!!!

Hula Grill

2335 Kalakaua Ave

Ste 203

Honolulu, HI 96815

will have to check the other one out, it looks interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
jaycee said:

Hula Grill

2335 Kalakaua Ave

Ste 203

Honolulu, HI 96815

Mitsu-Ken Okazu

2300 N King St.

Honolulu, HI 96819

ALOHA
A couple more questions

Wife wants to zip line and go to luau

Any good places for either ???

cda said:
A couple more questionsWife wants to zip line and go to luau

Any good places for either ???
cda,

I apologize, but I can help you with either of those places.