• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Annunciator Panel Color

VillageInspector

Sawhorse
This might be an oddball question but during an inspection of a walk in medical office a red annunciator panel was noticed. It was noticed that the panel was disarmed. When asked about the status the doctor stated that it was a security panel and that it was disarmed at the start of each day and re armed at closing time. Seems to me that somewhere I read where fire panels were red and any other types of annunciators were white, off white etc. Does anyone have any thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance for your time

This might be an oddball question but during an inspection of a walk in medical office a red annunciator panel was noticed. It was noticed that the panel was disarmed. When asked about the status the doctor stated that it was a security panel and that it was disarmed at the start of each day and re armed at closing time. Seems to me that somewhere I read where fire panels were red and any other types of annunciators were white, off white etc. Does anyone have any thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance for your time

I have seen annunciator panels in various colors

Especially the video/digital

I don’t think 72 has a color designation. One brand used black fire alarm panels

The pull has to be red