• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Are some Forum Threads like the Cave of Caerbannog scene:

Papio Bldg Dept

Platinum Member
Ever notice how some forum threads start by addressing the issue of the Black Beast of Aaaarrrgggghhh, but inevitably are ill prepared for the White Rabbit of Caerbannog, let alone a Spanish Inquisition. Thankfully, there are Brother Maynards amongst us, who with reason, and metaphorical Holy Hand Grenades of Antioch, calm us down enough to get bast the nasty big pointy teethed off topic issue we are facing, bringing us back to the original point of our mission, the Holy Grail of code knowledge. I for one have underestimated this white rabbit before, not heeding Tim's sagely advice.

Thankfully my favorite color is blue!

In the film, King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table are led to the Cave of Caerbannog by Tim the Enchanter, and find that they must face down both the Rabbit and the Black Beast. The Cave of Caerbannog ("caer bannog" being Welsh for "turreted castle") is the home of the Legendary Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh. This is guarded by a monster which is initially unknown. King Arthur and his knights are led to the cave by Tim the Enchanter, and find that they must face down its guardian beast. Tim verbally paints a picture of a terrible monster with "nasty, big, pointy teeth!", so terrifying that Sir Robin soils his armour. When the guardian appears to be an innocuous white rabbit, surrounded by the bones of the fallen, Arthur and his knights no longer take it seriously. Ignoring Tim's warnings ("a vicious streak a mile wide!"), King Arthur orders Bors to chop its head off. Bors confidently approaches it, sword drawn, and is immediately decapitated by the rabbit to the sound of a can opener. Despite their initial shock, Sir Robin soiling his armor (again), and Tim's loud scoffing, the knights attack in force, but are driven to "run away!" as the rabbit leaps and attacks, killing Gawain and Ector. The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch is then used to kill the beast and allow the quest to proceed.

Eagle scout throws himself on the grenade to save the forum...now that's funny. Thanks brudgers.

This is funny too. Every time I type brudgers the auto spell changes it to drudgery. I don't know if that is ironic or fate or what. Interesting...

sometimes threads take dangerous, nasty, irrelevant turns.. sometimes it's funny.. sometimes it gets personal... sometimes it just gets confusing!

brudgers said:
And sometimes the best thing to do is to run away, run away.
Agreed. I have perused some threads ready to reply and have found that my train of thought has derailed due to confusion. ;)