• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ASHRAE 189.1

daves

Much buzz in the office over the new ASHRAE 189.1. They say we're on a roll now, next step is for green building to become law! No stopping us now! Green wins! All aboard!

I read with interest the posts on this site on the IGCC. Does anyone have insights to share on the ASHRAE "code intended" standard?

Like what are the heating, refrigeration & air conditioning guys doing writing standards for construction waste management, storage and collection of recyclables, and what not. I suppose someone has to do it. But wait, I thought the ICC was doing it. Aren't they experts on everything? ;)