• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Association naming suggestions

TJacobs

Sawhorse
I am starting a topic to provide a place to concentrate on Association naming suggestions.

Add your new suggestions to the end of this message. I added a few as an example. If anyone finds suggestions from another post that I missed, feel free to cut and paste. So far, I have the following suggestions in red from previous posts:

International Association of Professional Code Enforcement Officials

International Association of Professional Home Inspectors (not a good fit)

International Association of Professional Building Code Officials

International Association of Professional Building Inspectors

International Association of Professional Officials and Code Bureaucrats and Businessmen

I'm A Poster On the Code Bulletin Board

Codes and Standards Association

Independent Code and Standards Users Group

Independent Code Officials

Independent Code Officials Association

Re: Association naming suggestions

Been thinking about this. I cut my teeth in BOCA land. But I do really like International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO) as a association title.

In retrospect perhaps rjj is right. I do still like ICBO but perhaps "international" has a bad conotation?

International Associations are welcoming for other countries such as Canada, Dubai, UK and other code progressive countries. Look at the IAEI for electrical inspectors which has a very strong Canadian membership. Don't limit yourself.

How about... the 'Building Code Message Board'? It's already noticeably more successful than the new ICC BB!

If anyone is suggesting names, please make sure that there is at the very least a .org website available for the name you would prefer

Since some of us are not yet code officials or building officials I like the "Codes and Standards Association"

Or Codes and Standards Organization.

Or International Codes and Standards Organization.

The FFCWIAECAPR.

I bet FFCWIAECAPR.com is even available.

(Forum for communication with inspectors, architects, engineers, contractors and plan reviewers)

Still a true fan -- even if I have to use a sippy cup this year :(

BCMBA Sounds good to me - Bldg. Code Message Board Association -

Don't have any other agenda except for maintiaing an open forum for Building Code, Contract issues, and general info discussions.

Builder Bob said:
Still a true fan -- even if I have to use a sippy cup this year :(
Well at least a dawg had the SEC record for rushing touchdowns at the start of the season.

How about "Friends and Bureaucrats with Common Sense" [FBCS] :geek:

"Dudes with code books" man!.com, .org