1. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Attention JPRANCH: More talk about the ICC Board and a new ground-swell...

Discussion in 'Association Talk' started by ewenme, Dec 13, 2011.

1. ewenme

ewenme Sawhorse

Here is an email I received this morning. We need to get Jim Brown involved in this...somehow, to get the powerhouse of the West in the mix.

"Region II Chapters

During the ICC Phoenix Arizona Conference chapter members met in hopes of forming Region II (Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming). The idea would be to maintain our individual chapters status but to create a strong region identity.

The northwest consists of over 30 chapters with great motivation and determination however acting as an individual chapter your voice does not carry much strength. If we were to activate Region II it would give us a louder voice to be heard for code changes, greater notice for our members running for ICC Office, easier access for communicating to one another and much more.

Our territory is noted as going above and beyond its limits so to continue our tradition we would like to invite the Permit Technicians to be active members and to expand our region to include some of Canada.

Our first course of action is to gain as many individual chapters support as possible, this is why I am contacting you. We are asking for support from all chapters and hope those hesitant will consider the possibility. In the meantime I would encourage chapter presidents to discuss this with there members, talk about it with other chapters and note your thoughts through this mailing.

Region II organizers consist of Bruce Wilson of City of Cheyenne, WY; Ernie Misewiez of Fairbanks; Len Dejoria of University Fire Department, Alaska; Mark Barnhill of Municipality of Anchorage Alaska and Paul Ilg of City of Tumwater Washington.

Paul Ilg

ICC Rainier Chapter President"

I hope to hear more about this endeavor on this forum. Thanks,

Carol

2. permitguy

permitguy Gold Member

That's a classy move, and one better than Region IV did when they formed. I hope they stick to that philosophy and have success.

3. Codegeek

Codegeek Registered User

Amen to that!

4. RJJ

RJJ Platinum Member

To bad I am from the east! We also need to work the heart land. The last attempt from the floor was 45% of the vote. Not bad for a start up, first time shot.

5. jpranch

jpranch Platinum Member

I'm all over this. Our representive from Cheyenne Bruce Wilson is a very good friend of mine and will represent Wyoming very well. Go Region II!!!

6. Alias

Alias Registered User

:agreeGood luck Bruce!