• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Bandaid Brand

chris kennedy

Sawhorse
While excavating to clean out and repair 2 three inch PVC conduits I needed for dock power I found this. This is one of 8 paralleled 3" 208y/120 service laterals. Makes one wonder if the conductors were damaged and also received a bandaid. :roll:

AquaMarinaunderground001.jpg

AquaMarinaunderground002.jpg

Re: Bandaid Brand

Appears pretty likely............especially the one on the right. Are you going to, or did you, pull them?

fatboy said:
Appears pretty likely............especially the one on the right. Are you going to, or did you, pull them?
No, I suggested it be fixed correctly but that would require scheduling with POCO to pull the fuses in the pad-mount resulting in a building shutdown and expense for the building owner. I got one of those "It works doesn't it?" responses. It has since been backfilled and the pavers reinstalled as is. BTW, this is about 13" to the top of conduit under a parking lot.

"I got one of those "It works doesn't it?" responses."

Isn't that the way it usually goes..............

It is already non-compliant for two reasons now. One for the damage and improper repair and another for the depth under a vehicle way. Surprised the POCO does not push the issue