• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Beta Testing New Site

jar546

Forum Coordinator
The framework and old, temporary content is up on the new forum. Please check it out.

A few things to please keep in mind:

1) This is beta testing, we are expecting problems to correct which is why I need a lot of people testing this out.

2) Anything you post on the new site DURING the beta phase will be deleted so please test with photos, polls, attachments, etc.

3) You will have to request a new password when logging on to the new site. You can use your email from here or user id. Your current password will not work there.

4) The web address will eventually be the same as here, for now it is a different address for beta testing only.

5) Feedback is important

5) Feedback is important

7) Your permissions may not match and if you are a sawhorse, for example, you may not be one there during beta. Not sure about that yet.

Go here: http://dev.thebuildingcodeforum.com/forum/

OK, 2 hours and no takers. interesting. Maybe we should just swap it over and find out nothing works right. Come on folks, this is real important. It's bad enough we fell short with the fundraiser. Please log on to the new site and test it out.

I thought we straightened that out. Can you guys clear your cache again because we made a pile of changes late last night into early mornting.

If I can't get in I can't be of any help. And I can't get in. I am not willing to delete my cache because that messes me up for every site that I use.

Now I am testing the notice. Well it works just fine.

I feel your pain. Sorry. Don't know why some of you are unable and others can. when we verify we are 100% and make the move we'll discuss the cache one more time. I thought you could clear a cache for an individual website?

OK, found the issue. When you folks log in, some of you may have clicked on your settings to require a 2 step verification process. Please disable it. ICE, you are fixed, CDA, you are fixed too,

OK' date=' found the issue. When you folks log in, some of you may have clicked on your settings to require a 2 step verification process. Please disable it. ICE, you are fixed, CDA, you are fixed too,[/quote']No same error message

I can log in but not do anything

My new password quit working so I hit the forgot password link.. Then I was told that the member does not exist so I won't be getting any email with a link to reset my password. I noticed that my dog is looking at me sorta strange too.

So then I tried to sign up since I'm not there. Just my luck but somebody beat me to the name ICE .... The jerk is even using my email....that takes nerve.

Oh well, I'm not in any hurry.

Last edited by a moderator:
My new password quit working so I hit the forgot password link.. Then I was told that the member does not exist so I won't be getting any email with a link to reset my password. I noticed that my dog is looking at me sorta strange too.So then I tried to sign up since I'm not there. Just my luck but somebody beat me to the name ICE .... The jerk is even using my email....that takes nerve.

Oh well, I'm not in any hurry.
I log in as you and it works.

I was able to change my password and now I can log in.

The way it looks needs work. The latest thread info is too limited. It doesn't need to say "latest" because we know that.

I was able to change my password and now I can log in.The way it looks needs work. The latest thread info is too limited. It doesn't need to say "latest" because we know that.
I'm not sure I get what you mean. Can you please elaborate and make a post that elaborates on the new site?

Ok just hit new post and it shows one new.

Even when I do a new post it does not show.

Once again on an iPhone

Xenforo doesn't count your posts as new posts, since you've read them. It only counts posts from others as new.

Xenforo doesn't count your posts as new posts' date=' since you've read them. It only counts posts from others as new.[/quote']I hit new posts just now and it shows the newest one as yesterday

On iPhone

Jeff - I received a notification request to check it out and that an email was sent to an old inactive Yahoo account. Can I evaluate it from that link at the top of this thread? I can get to it this weekend......
Howdy FMWB, you should be able to use the link in Jeff's post.