• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Building Official Position Interview

Exciting news today.

I was notified today that I have been recommended for the position by the interview committee. The recommendation was made last week to the City Manager. A brief meeting occurred yesterday afternoon and the CM indicated he would also endorse the recommendation moving the process forward to the City Council which meets on January 11th. They are expecting that I will be asked to come in at the end of next week or the beginning of the following week to finalize the deal.

If all things go to plan, I would likely be able to start the new job by late February or early March.

So needless to say, I am feeling pretty good right now.

Even though this new opportunity is an immense advancement in my career both professionally and economically, I feel a tinge of guilt and a sense of abandonment to my current co-workers, local contractors, and community. I have been faithfully committed to my current employer longer than any previous job I have ever held and have made huge emotional investments with the City of North Port. I know I can and will do the same for the City of Venice, but I both look forward to and don't look forward to my last day... If you know what I mean...

Way to go Bryan! I'm sure you will shine in the new position. And, that is great that you still have good feeling for your old position, and your coworkers, all to often, folks can't wait to get the heck outa Dodge. Congratulations.

Congratulations and best wishes. Regarding leaving the present jurisdiction, as long as you made it better then it was before you began, that's all anyone could ever strive for and do similar in the new one. Totally understand your feelings though.

Bryan... saying goodbye is hard... I've left jobs without saying it.. to move on to bigger and better. Way to go and congrats!

Congratulations! Let us know how it goes once you're there for a while!