• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Staticated

While digging in my backyard I found a twist of three thick wires. Two black and one yellow. It’s buried about 3 feet deep. It doesn’t look like it goes to my house. Anyone have an idea what it might be?

Call the Miss Utility locator service in your area.
Or just cut the wires and see who complains.

While digging in my backyard I found a twist of three thick wires. Two black and one yellow. It’s buried about 3 feet deep. It doesn’t look like it goes to my house. Anyone have an idea what it might be?

How long in the house ?

Any writing on the wire?

Near any fence line

How close to the house

Any 110 powered stuff in the backyard

How long in the house ?

Any writing on the wire?

Near any fence line

How close to the house

Any 110 powered stuff in the backyard

I’ve lived here since 2009. No markings that I have seen. It Looks like it runs from the fence at one corner to the other corner kinda splitting it in half, running past the corner of the house about 5 feet off. Nothing with power in the back yard.

I’ve lived here since 2009. No markings that I have seen. It Looks like it runs from the fence at one corner to the other corner kinda splitting it in half, running past the corner of the house about 5 feet off. Nothing with power in the back yard.

Did not think

Does your survey show an easement/ utility easement
Where you found the cable?!

Any pedestals in the corners??

https://us-browse.startpage.com/av/...7a267f877a356114a10eb4c4b9e11eadf8148cc46b9e9

Or look like this

https://us-browse.startpage.com/av/...395d13cf24d7fc2701b60f180e19718678eee78731318

Ok than either Aliens monitoring you or CIA???

Maybe dig every five feet or so, to see if you can follow where it comes and goes??

If you into computers, take a picture,,,, Make the picture a link,,, and post the link to the picture here.

0paWnEvHXKkl88gjx3FiTtzFQ

Hard to tell the size of the wire without something to scale the image off of, but it is odd that you have two black and one yellow. No markings visible on the wire. Not sure what this is....

A brief Google search indicates that the yellow may be a "traveler" wire for a switch or pole. Is there any power poles, light poles, etc. in the area?

Hard to tell the size of the wire without something to scale the image off of, but it is odd that you have two black and one yellow. No markings visible on the wire. Not sure what this is....

A brief Google search indicates that the yellow may be a "traveler" wire for a switch or pole. Is there any power poles, light poles, etc. in the area?

the nearest light pole is probably over 100 yards away. The cables are a little bit smaller than the circumference of a dime. I’m gonna dig a bit more along the cable path to see if I can find some markings.

Did you call 811 (or your local number) for a locate? Presume this was not identified if you had one?

Have you looked at a site plan for your home, any easements?

Two black one yellow

Dime size

Hum, maybe something used in your area of the country??

If electrical, somewhere along the way should be some markings in the casing

Three wires typically go to the house for service, could be Aluminum SE wires if the size of a dime?