• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

California minimum plumbing calculations?

JPohling

Sawhorse
I have a jurisdiction that is requiring that we use the building code to determine the occupant numbers for determining the required number of plumbing fixtures. They are claiming that Table A in chapter 4 only applies to DSA-SS & DSA-SS/CC projectsbased upon the header on Table A. In the matrix adoption table Table A indicates that it has been adopted by the BSC. I think the header at the top of table A is incorrect and should also include BSC.

This will essentially double our occupant load for B occupancies. 1/200 square feet in table A vs 1/100 sf in the building code.

What do you good folks think?

Table A has been adopted by the CA Building Standards Commission.
Talk with the Building Offical, if he she insists, ask them to contact BSC they will confirm.

The only way I got them to agree was to show them the updated pages where they corrected the header on the Table!