• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Can you say "hack"

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Found this on another website. Poster just paid a plumber to do this work.

How many violations can you spot?

007.jpg

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

Re: Can you say "hack"

Only problem I see is that they let you look at it prior to pouring the slab...

...and they said, "We been doin' it this-a-way for thirty yrs now. What's yo problem?

Not enough purple stuff on the pipes.

Someone painted some of the piping gray.

No grout or mortar in the CMU block leaning against the wall.

Wooden directional arrow on riser in third photo pointing the wrong way (should point to egress window).

CMU block in third photo is way too light to hold pipe in place in case of water hammer. and,

How the heck are you going to park a car in there with all those plastic thingies sticking up all over the place?

Oh come on, he's using better materials than he has to.

It is quite obvious that they are using pressure tee's on a non pressurized system. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Well! At Least he used a wooden arrow in photo 3 to show the drainage flow. I can't count high enough to compute the violations! :lol:

HD: I stand corrected! Didn't realize the wooden arrow was for egress! Silly me! I thought it was for drainage.

Jeff,

I agree with Vegas Paul; they should have poured and asked the appeals board for forgiveness.

Are those grey looking sweeps, electric conduit?

Uncle Bob

UB: Yes! Given the fixture unit accounted for, they could double for conduits for pex or NM cable whichever the case may be, given the larger capacity due to pipe size! :roll:

Interesting mix of electrical NMT sweep ells and plumbing nonpressure pipe I would think for use as conduits for PEX, soda lines or other flexible lines or cables

Lets not forget that I have existing houses that use rails from railroad tracks for main support beams. I have inspected multiple houses like this.

I know! your area is interesting! With years of no code. A number of years back I moved a large house in Buck Hill Falls that had slid off the piers because of frost. The permit cost 20 dollars and no plans or specs. The inspector came by one afternoon and wanted to sell us firewood to keep warm with. It was -2 and we were placing concrete in footings. He also offered some fine shine @ 3.00 bucks a pint. :lol: After a few sips I could actually light my breath with a match! :D

I tried some 'dandelion water' made by a real 'Pennsyltucky Redneck' one time... I was afraid to light a cigarette the rest of the day! :lol: