• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

CBO Complete

That is interesting...

Perhaps it is because those in WA are working though certification in the ICC regime, and stick with it for advancement opportunity. Whereas, in Oregon, employers only recognize the certifications issued by the state; therefore, there is less value (compensation) in obtaining the ICC certifications.
Since the State of Washington doesn't mandate certifications for building inspectors or Building Officials, I would have expected to see less MCP's. I still wish that the State of Washington would require certifications, especially for Building Officials, to raise the standards or the code officials working in that state. I worked there for 3 years and was surprised to see how many building officials didn't even have plans examiner certifications, let alone CBO certification. And apparently the jurisdictions don't care.

The first 18 certifications I got with the ICC and all CEU's for 12 years were all out of my pocket. Why not take the initiative to pay for it yourself? It sounds like you are not interested unless someone else pays for it.
I have been thinking of doing myself to be able to apply for BO position. This would require me to leave my current AHJ as it will be sometime before the boss leaves. Not wanting to leave area so limited to where I can go. Just haven't bit the bullet.