• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Certified Permit Techs

Most, if not all of ours our. But it makes absolutely no difference without a quality individual, capable of critical thinking and basic customer service skills. If you have those types of people, learning the technical side as a certified permit tech will help. Pretty sure it is required of them but those types of people will ask for that training, rather than it being required of them. IMHO. Sorry, sore spot with me!

Most, if not all of ours our. But it makes absolutely no difference without a quality individual, capable of critical thinking and basic customer service skills. If you have those types of people, learning the technical side as a certified permit tech will help. Pretty sure it is required of them but those types of people will ask for that training, rather than it being required of them. IMHO. Sorry, sore spot with me!

I agree 100% that it makes no difference if you don't have a quality person doing the job which should be part of the hiring process. Setting goals and/or requirements for employees helps them to understand their job better and the amount of information you have to learn for the permit technician is extremely helpful in performing the job, albeit not a guarantee of success as you eluded to.