• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Code Hearings in Phoenix

Codegeek

I have heard that there are very few people who are actually attending the code hearings in Phoenix. Keep in mind that this is the final action for the Green code so what ever gets approved becomes our new code. This could be an example of special interests and a handful of voting members developing what has the potential to be a code that is adopted nationwide.

If you are a voting member of ICC and can go to Phoenix, GO! The code hearings themselves are free. There are ICC Chapters in the area; maybe they can give you some pointers on lodging. JUST GO and VOTE!

Time off of work (one-man show), travel expense (no Village budget), lodging (on my dime), etc. No-can-do.

I would love to vote, but it's not feasible.

Call me when remote voting is up and ready. (2016?)

mj

I wanted to go for my pal Jim, and to listen to the final round of the greeny........but, not going to happen. One of Jim's platforms is electronic voting, which we desperately need.....obviously.

fatboy said:
I wanted to go for my pal Jim, and to listen to the final round of the greeny........but, not going to happen. One of Jim's platforms is electronic voting, which we desperately need.....obviously.
Thanks fatboy. I will do my very best for the membership. Hands down they all want remote voting.

jpranch said:
Thanks fatboy. I will do my very best for the membership. Hands down they all want remote voting.
AMEN! Can I get a Hallelujah? :cowboy

They will be passing a green code but it still has to be adopted by your jurisdiction.

I am in the same boat with mjesse trying to plug the hole while he bails with a bucket...

I will be going and will vote for Jim!! Remote voting is a must and has been a constant rant of mine for the last several years. There are too many members that would like to take part and can't afford the trip or the time away. This has got to come soon not later. ICC has granted me matching funds or I would not be able to make the trip.

If they really want a green code it perhaps should start with membership voting from the office. That would save a fair amount of fuel, energy etc, & etc. I will miss you Fatboy because I was hoping we could do lunch.

Yeah, I was looking forward to catching up with everyone.......sigh. Hopefully I'll get to Dallas.