• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Colorado Chapter Educational Institute

Re: Colorado Chapter Educational Institute

I have been staring at the CO 25 year celebration educational institute pamphlet for a few days now. I picked one up in Baltimore. Colorado is one of our favorite places but the 1st week of March bothers me for weather as far as getting around.

The price for the education is amazing. Impressed with the amount of classes offered.

Tempted to fly out.

The Colorado Institute has been a very good training program for many years. Although I have worked all over the country and attended various programs like Nevada EduCode, Wisconsin March Updates, ICC Annual training, California programs, none of the other programs has such a wide variety of topics and selection of instructors.

I will say though this coming program does not have much more than a basic fire education program. What happened to Fire Marshal's Association of Colorado? You have some great FPE's in the area. Only two programs jump out and that is Egress Behavior and Analytical Techniques by Steve Gwynne, and Code and Design Standards for Combustible Dust Operations by David Leiker.

I've attended number of fire & building code seminars from the folks in Colorado over the past 20 years. The Colorado Institute, Building Professionals Institute at the University of Texas in Arlington, and EduCode are about the most reasonably priced venues that offer a broad range of well-delivered seminars. I give the folks in Colorado credit for being the first group to actually develop such a program. Dan Nichols was the driving force and he deserves much of the credit.

Typically first part of March is nice, but that's not to say we couldn't end up with 15" of snow either. ;) But, if you can get here, chances are it will be nice, 300 plus days of sunshine a year.

The Institute is the best bang for the buck that I've ever come across, that's for sure. We are very fortunate that the Chapter has developed and maintained this at the level they have.