• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Complete Revision History to the 2015 I-Codes: Successful Changes and Public Comments

Francis Vineyard

These chapters are provided as a benefit of the Code Alert subscription service. The Complete Revision History of the 2015 I-Codes: Successful Changes and Public Comments collects all changes that occurred in the 2015 IBC, IRC, IFC, IECC, IPC and IMC, including the original proposal, committee action, and final action documentation in a single source.

Each chapter compiles the proponent’s original reason for the change, unabridged statements that substantiated code development committee actions and the complete documentation for any public comment that was considered prior to final action on the change. This valuable resource greatly simplifies researching the history of a new, revised or deleted code section from 2012 to 2015.

http://www.iccsafe.org/content/2015-revision-history/

Important to note the difference between "revision" and "revisionist".

I had a brief WTF moment there. I thought we were going to see some serious whistleblower expose.

Brent.

Information like this makes this website worth every penny. Oh want it is free.

Darn handy information. It is always good to know the intent of the code.

Thanks, great resource....hope I have time to use it!