• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Compliant Riser Diagram

In CT, at least, Eversource will not allow the equipment ground to be in or through the meter can. The equipment ground should be on the neutral bar, at the first means of disconnect.

In CT, at least, Eversource will not allow the equipment ground to be in or through the meter can. The equipment ground should be on the neutral bar, at the first means of disconnect.

That is kind of what I was thinking....grounding back to the "service" or at least showing where it terminates..and maybe 2 rods....the GEC can terminate all the way out to the drip loop if they want (not that this is an OH service)....

That was hard for me to get use to here in Florida. In PA, PPL never allowed a GEC to be connected in the meter base. FPL is another story and it is the most common method.

We used to bond at the meter can up until probably around 1996, or so. Although my memory may be a bit fuzzy on the exact year.