• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Construction Exam Center feed back

FPS3

Hello all,

I just signed up for a course for ICC Fire Inspector 1 at the construction exam center in southern ca. I've already got a couple of positive feed backs on them. So I was wondering what you guys thought about them, and what their teaching methods are? Thank you all for you time!

Are you an inspector now ?? And if so about how long?

How much is the course??

Are you an inspector now ?? And if so about how long?How much is the course??
Yes I am now,

Was a reserve inspector for two years, never got into the IFC just the CFC.

Been a paid inspector for almost 6 months- have about maybe 6 total hours of being in the IFC for studying.

The course is $ 795.00

I think you are far enough along

Tab your book, know which chapter to look in

Take the test!!!! More than likely cheaper than 795!!

Do you need the cert for present or future job??

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you or someone else picking up the 795????
I didn't pass the first time, but I didn't study as good either. The dept is picking up the tab, and yes I need it with in 1 year of employment even tho my probation is only 6 months

Well if the city is paying than I would go.

Still a matter of tabing the book and knowing which chapter to look in.

Not memorizing , Icc does sell ifc flash cards that might help you