• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

contractor damage

ICE

Oh Well
I wrote a correction regarding single wall vent due to the proximity to wood. I also advised that a draft hood adapter would be required for B Vent. The contractor did this. My question is this: Ultimately there will be the correct adapter which will leave a large opening in the top of the furnace. Should the top of the furnace be replaced because he hacked it with tin snips?

I am thinking, let the owner know, and up to them.

As long as install meets code, sometimes pretty is not an end result.

In this case the owner is a flipper and he knows. When the house is sold a new owner will see this and might wonder why it was approved.

The cabinet was ul rated and waranteed in its original condition. Do both items stay intact after the modification? Fail.