• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Dead ends?

steveray

SAWHORSE
We just went from 2003 to 2012 IPC and 704.5 is no longer there with its prohibition of dead ends. Did it get relocated or deleted? Anyone know why? The definition is still there and it still refers to them being a bad thing, but I can't find the prohibition anymore....Thanks!

1. Chapter 7 – Changes reflect industry standards on sanitary drainage system materials and design and installation criteria.
    • Tables 702.1 – 702.4 – The 2009 edition added PFDF as an approved material typically used for chemical waste.

• Section 704.5 – This section deleted in 2009 edition and addresses dead end in drainage system – now allowed.

• Section 712.3.3 – The allowed material for sump and ejector pipe and fittings use expanded in the 2012 edition.

https://www.mckinneytexas.org/DocumentCenter/View/2748

Me either since the only plumbing I do, is change sink faucets in my house.

We just went from 2003 to 2012 IPC and 704.5 is no longer there with its prohibition of dead ends. Did it get relocated or deleted? Anyone know why? The definition is still there and it still refers to them being a bad thing, but I can't find the prohibition anymore....Thanks!

The prohibition went away.