• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Detached Garage Floor is Level Poconos Style

If the slab is level, then it looks like they used the holmes on holmes “better than plumb” framing style.

Wait, if the slab was level, shouldn't the horizontal seems on the siding line up at each portal?
Maybe the slab is FLAT, but from the picture, I would bet that it is NOT LEVEL. The siding reveals are the first clue. The square corners at the door framing, the reveal widths and lines of the overhead doors are more clues...

Reactions: ICE
Maybe the slab is FLAT, but from the picture, I would bet that it is NOT LEVEL. The siding reveals are the first clue. The square corners at the door framing, the reveal widths and lines of the overhead doors are more clues...
But but but ... the seam in the siding is the same at the top of the door ... that has to count for something.

Unless there’s a concrete stem adjusting the difference, the studs did that.