1. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Drug House

Discussion in 'Property Maintenance' started by Keystone, Apr 7, 2020.

1. cda

cda Sawhorse

Will get the GPS coordinates for you.

2. ADAguy

ADAguy Registered User

Again, think "Ghost Ship" Oakland. Check with you city attorney.

3. fatboy

fatboy Administrator

My history under all the IPMC codes, early on, I had our municipal code emend the "Failure to Obey" laws to include "Building Officials", so that when I post them with a notice under Section 108, if someone enters the premise, PD can arrest for "Failure to Obey", and toss them out. Keep securing them, place liens, on the property, sooner or later, the jurisdiction can take action to foreclose.

Keystone likes this.
  4. Min&Max

Min&Max Silver Member

We are fairly aggressive. Red tag with 20 days to appeal my decision. If no appeal I let the owner propose a reasonable date by which they will have demo completed. If they are unreasonable I give them 30-60 days to remove. Every day beyond deadline is a potential fine of $100.00 plus court costs.