• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

E2

jmc

Bronze Member
Just looking for good vibes from fellow successful E2 takers or anyone :)

My second attempt. I've been using the practice exam method provided by Mike Holt website.

Cheers!

$ = = = $

**jmc**,

IMO, ...suggest that you purchase some of Mike Holt's illustrated

guides, as well as, the NEC handbook.......Then, to get in to them

and familiarize yourself [ thoroughly ] with the various Articles

and the index.

The E-2 has a lot to do with effective time management while

looking for the correct answer.......It has been stated before,

but I would also suggest the familiarization of the NEC that

you are testing under............If this is your 2nd attempt, then

hopefully you will remember some of the various questions

and the location of that referenced question.

All the best of luck to you, and keep us informed ! :cool:

& = = = $

I can't be much help other than moral support, I took mine way back in the old days when res and com where both in there. I will remind you that the table of contents and the index are your friends on any test, and more so with the NEC, if memory serves I actually used the TOC more.

Good luck! Let us know.

I am looking at E2 as well and it seems I do my best learning from an actual class. To that end I thought about going back to NC to see if I could take one of their level 2/3 classes. I looked on their website but it has changed and I don't recall how to look up the classes they are offering. So, for any NC guys on here I have two questions, 1) how do you look up the classes and schedules and 2)ever heard of an out of state inspector taking an NC course?

I think the secret to success is to be VERY familiar with the book. I took the E-3 in December and I hardly looked at the TOC or index. I made myself very familiar with the layout of the book. You need to understand when the general requirements apply and when the special requirements apply. I think it is helpful to read the questions posted in the forums and try to go answer the question from the code. And if you go ahead and pass E-2 you should, as soon as possible, schedule E-3 as they are similar tests. I would say that is true of most of the plans examiner tests.

Robert A. Horton, Jr., CBO, MCP