1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Electrical plan reviewer

Discussion in 'Electrical Codes' started by rktect 1, Sep 18, 2018.

?

Who does your electrical plan reviews

1. Electrical inspector

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Combination Mech, Elec and/or plumbing inspector (any combination)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. General Plans examiner

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Third party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other, please explain

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. rktect 1

rktect 1 Gold Member

So, I was trying to find out who typically does the commercial and residential electrical plan reviews in a city.

Figured I would add a poll.

2. mtlogcabin

mtlogcabin Sawhorse

How do I vote?
    Electrical Inspector

3. steveray

steveray Sawhorse

4. ICE

ICE Sawhorse

The inspector checks residential on the fly unless it involves any equipment rated over 400 amps. Commercial will usually get a plan check. It may be only for energy but most commercial projects need a plan check. If a project is checked it will be done by an in-house electrical engineer ......we have a bunch of them and all solar, no matter the size is plan checked by an electrical engineer.

#4 ICE, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  5. Ty J.

Ty J. Sawhorse

Washington State....State Dept of Labor and Industries has full jurisdiction over electrical. They however do not perform plan review.

6. Rick18071

Rick18071 Sawhorse

Anyone who has a PA state Uniform Construction Code Electrical Plan Reviewer Certification.