• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Electronic plans

mont1230

Our department is leaning on going electronic blueprints for residential. We are also talking about using some kind of electronic device to carry in the field. Is anyone doing this or have an idea what we could use?

We are trying our first electronic commercial submittal this month. We used it for residential with large track home developers who had large inventories and high volume plan submittals. We have been discussing I-pads, and are developing a new permitting software for this capability. nothing concrete yet.

Been doing electronic plan review since 2005. I do 80 % of the fire plan review stuff electronically. I use a pocket PC but the Ipads work great as I've seen. Once you go electronic you'll find it hard to go back to the rolls.