• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Email function problems

jar546

Forum Coordinator
There may be a problem when you try to email someone from the board vs private messaging them. I have a long list of error codes for failed emails and was wondering if anyone can confirm that the email they sent to another user from this board was received?

Re: Email function problems

I've received 2 or 3 and the sender received my email back.

This was last week...first part of this week.

I noticed the "e-mail" button; but, decided that if I wanted to e-mail someone I'd go to my e-mail address and send from their.

I haven't had any problems with the PMs accept that when I receive a notification at my e-mail address that I received a PM; it doesn't appear on this sites messages for some time later.

I think that for now, we could just keep the messaging systems separate.

Uncle Bob

Jar I emailed you one at the beginning of the week and have not heard a response did you get it? and I just sent one to Jonh D about 10 minutes ago will see if he responds.

No matter who send you an email it comes in as being from jeff@painspector.com

But when you reply it actually has the emailers email address and not the one above.