• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Even a Goof-Ring Can't Fix This

Looks like the grounding plug is down. I know thats an items of discussion, based on the AHJ. In this case would you flip the receptacle so the grey cord doesnt have the sharp bend?

Looks like the grounding plug is down. I know thats an items of discussion, based on the AHJ. In this case would you flip the receptacle so the grey cord doesnt have the sharp bend?

I wouldn't require it, that is a workmanship issue.

Some will argue it is in fact safer, the the energized blades of the plug are not going to be placed in a position that it could be potential hazardous. (not me)

The attachment plug is beyond the scope of my authority.

Looks like the grounding plug is down. I know thats an items of discussion, based on the AHJ. In this case would you flip the receptacle so the grey cord doesn't have the sharp bend?

The pin location can be at any one of 8 positions on the cord cap at the discretion of the cord manufacturer. I've had two different appliances in the same area with the grounding pins at 180° orientation. I had my electrician install a second receptacle (ganged) so that the grounds were opposite.

Mark, I think your correct, that appears to be a drywall screw in the plate mounting hole.

Over cut drywall can be cited.

A lot of appliances don't even come with cords. Always crying between electrician, contractor/home owner who is responsible to supply. You know....That was not in my bid.....should be....only the receptacle....etc.

I believe the manu. on these thinks it is cheaper for them and then end user can hard wire or use the cord they want or match what they already have.

I think its what is called a drywall framing screw, not the typical screw that is used to attach the drywall to the studs. The framers are about 1/4” long, just enough to connect two studs. They dont have bugle heads like typical drywall screws.