• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

exit sign and ibc2018

Apurva Dave

I have exit signs in officetenant soace inside multioccupancy bulidng. The tenant space have exit signs and exit sign with wall mounted bug eye combination that can ne turned off by wall switch under normal power. However they also have unswitched line so in the event of power loss they will turn on and bypass wall switch. See attached attachment for wiring and device used.

However I am thinking that IBC 2018 says that exit lights need to be on all the time.

Same thing with egress lighting.

So I have three questions:

1. Does the IBC 2018 say anywhere that exit sign inside have to be on all the time?

2. Does IBC 2018 say anywhere that egress lighting have to be on all the time?

3. Can the device attached be used for exit sign switching and still be IBC 2018 compliant or not?