• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Charles NYC

Working on a Type IA construction residential project with a sprinkler system. If the entrance door is at the property line does it need to have a fire rating?

Welcome to the forum. If you find your answer, think of contributing by becoming a paid member.

You cannot have an opening within 3-ft regardless of construction type.

**NY IBC**
upload_2020-5-4_15-36-10.png

Last edited:
Working on a Type IA construction residential project with a sprinkler system. If the entrance door is at the property line does it need to have a fire rating?

If I keep walking straight,,,,, where does that take me??

Middle of the street??

Or how far till I hit another building?

Can you explain that. If the exterior building wall is on the prop line ... no doors allowed?

Ok... a bit more of the picture now. If it is facing a public way or street, read through the following code section. If it is 3-ft to a property line where the adjoining parcel may be built upon, see the Table (cropped to only include 0-3 and 3-5).

upload_2020-5-5_7-37-55.png