• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

F-1 use with plastics??

Hyrax4978

I am looking at a bottling facility which appears to be a F-1 use. My question gets into the plastic bottles. I would assume there are other issues to look into such as if there is a fire, and the plastic burns, there would be a great deal of smoke developed. Is there anything else that i should be looking into for a bottling facility with a fair amount of plastics above and beyond the standard F-1 building?

Would that be in the high pile storage?

Yes IFC chapter 32

Could possibly kick in with storage over six feet, but definitely over fifteen, plus also based on sq ft of storage area.

Vents may or may not be involved.

How many total sq ft is the entire building?

And brand new building or addition to existing??

roughly 8,000 SF addition to an 8,400 sf wood framed structure. was thinking firewall then addition. No water on the street, so sprinklers are not happening. I didn't go visit the facility, my drafter did, so i need to get out there and see whats really going on.

roughly 8,000 SF addition to an 8,400 sf wood framed structure. was thinking firewall then addition. No water on the street, so sprinklers are not happening. I didn't go visit the facility, my drafter did, so i need to get out there and see whats really going on.

Should have asked also existing business or new soda place going in?