• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Fl Building Code

Joseph

New to Forum. Homeowner. Am retired Fl State Cert Elec contractor. Problem: I am R&R my second story stairs. Applied for homeowner permit. Having a hard time finding and citing what chapter and section of Fl Bldg Code applies to exterior stairs,which will have a mid landing. For instance where in Fl Bldg Code does it give rule for joist hangers or stringer connectors. Joist span for landing? Fasteners and such?Thanks for any help.

I would look for AWC DCA6..from the american Wood Council....alot of good deck/ stair infor there...And it should meet code...And of course, talk to your local inspector if you can...

I would look for AWC DCA6..from the american Wood Council....alot of good deck/ stair infor there...And it should meet code...And of course, talk to your local inspector if you can...[/QU

I submitted my permit application based on AWC-DCA6 .But it does not translate Chap and vs to Fl Code. Although I have read that Fl code is based on IRC DCA-6 concerning decks. I will keep prodding along. Hopefully I can pull it together without what I believe they want. The engineeer stamp. At about $1000 a copy.Thanks

I’m away you can submit almost any design to the ahj and not have to quote sections of IBC to back it up.

It is up to the ahj to approve or disapprove the design.

If dosapproved, then the ahj needs to cite what sections it does not meet

Tell them people in hell WANT ice water.....Doesn't matter what I want, just what I have to approve or what I have to do when I don't approve....