• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Follow the cord

P1000618.jpg

Re: Follow the cord

The only thing I see is some funky valley's, hips??? and maybe a weird ridge????

I'm confused on what I am looking at.

From the saw the cords goes up the roof, over the ridge and down the curved roof. There is no valley on the left side of the ridge. There was no vantage point to get a better picture but the cord should be in a straight line. They had to remove the roof framing down to the plate line and start over. In the end it turned out ok.

P1000677.jpg

In the Pixar movie "Cars", after McQueen first fixes the road.

Sally: It looks terrible.

McQueen: Good. It matches the rest of the town.

I was hoping it was spliced into the power lines.

What a disappointment.

Where is it written that shingled roof sections have to approximate planar surfaces?--curves are soo much prettier.

Frank,

The contractor asked the same question with different words. I pointed out that the curves were not on the approved plans. It is difficult to see in the picture but both sides of the roof had curves and the ridge was way out of level.

The homeowner is a mousy little guy that was very intimidated by the big blustery contractor so I put on my tiger hat.

I don't see any problem with it... it is the classic inverted eyebrow roof line :lol:

What Frank said.

Hey, they work in the Orient, right?

And that sheathing IS ORIENTed Strand Board, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I crack me up!!!)