• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Forum Stats April 2018

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Hello Folks,

I thought I would share some of the statistics we are enjoying on The Building Code Forum thanks to your participation. As always, we would not be here without all of you that post, lurk, contribute financially or all of the above.

Overall we are continuing to see steady growth. As some of you remember, when we made the big move 2 years ago to a new software platform and then changed servers, we lost a lot of momentum. Our activity was reduced to less than half of where we were and in some areas only a fourth of where we were.

That has all changed and now, 2 years later, we are stronger and busier than we were before we switched platforms. I did not expect it to take so long to recover but still believe it was worth it, especially when we see just how good this new platform is and the new growth we are seeing.

OK, here are some numbers for those that are interested:

1) On any given day during the week we are now seeing 3,000 visitors per day. This was only at about 1,600-2,000 before the changeover 2 years ago.

2) We see about 63,000 users per month and of those, approximately 58,000 are new to the site. (most people lurk and never sign up and register)

3) Over 120,000 pages of content are looked at each month

4) Those 63,000 users each month have 76,000 sessions per month

5) 88% of the visitors are from the United States, followed by Canada with just under 5% then India in the #3 spot with 1.5%, followed by the UK with about 1.2% of the visitors. The rest just trickle in from all over the world, 151 countries have logged in the be exact each and every month.

6) Over half the people 54% are using the Chrome browser, next is Safari with 22% and in 3rd place is Internet Explorer with just 11%

7) 68.7% of you visit this site on a desktop, 26.1% on a mobile device and 5.2% on a tablet

8) By state the most active on this site are CA - 14.64%, TX - 7.48%, NY - 6.5%, FL - 4.88%, PA - 4.06% and then it trickles down from there. The least active is the state of Wyoming. Even the District of Columbia has 10 times more activity than WY. I think JIm Brown needs to do something about that. I'm not too sure he would be keen knowing his state is in last place......

Well, I think that is about it. There are a ton of other items I can look at but for the most part, That is it.

Oh yeah I forgot:

We currently have 6,257 members even after I cut out about 2,000 about 2 years ago for inactivity.
There are 15,160 discussions going on
We have over 171,232 posts to view.

Lots of information on this site thanks to each and every one of you.

Great numbers!

Number of paying members?

Kind of per cent that renew?

I see 48 paid subscribers vs 160 expired but I know those numbers must be wrong. We are continuing to struggle with the communication between Paypal and the platform. Unfortunately Paypal is the only one that works with the platform so we don't have a choice. I have already paid the IT guy 3 times in the past year to get this sorted out with Paypal and each time he says he does, it works for a few days then it's disconnected again. It has been a source of frustratiion for me. I end up having to wait to hear from subscsribers letting me know they paid.

Ok just wondering

If we need a fund raiser.

Thank you for thinking of that. Moving to an Amazon server helped to keep the costs down so that the Sawhorse subscriptions finally cover the costs and most of the IT expenses when we have updates, problems, etc. like the other month the site went down and I had to hire him to reset the system with Amazon, something way over my head. Unfortunately he raised his rates to $75/hr but all of the 10 hour jobs are over.

We can donate anytime of the year to keep supporting the forum!!

Have to ask Jar to post how to do that, thought there use to be a donate button.