• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Goodbye,,,,,welcome

cda

Sawhorse 123
Well,

I guess if this thread can be used for welcome, it can be used for goodbye.

So Sept 30, 2021, I am retiring, Yea

After about 32 years or so, on the fire side/ codes, I am ready.

I am planning on taking a vacation from the Codes. To include posting. So will not reach the 21,000 mark of hits. Will leave that for someone else.

It has been fun.

Thank you Jar for the Forum, and continued support!!!!

Miss some of the past posters!!!

Thank you all, for those that have straighten me out, when I was lost in the Code Forest.

Enjoy,, Hope not to see you ""live at five"" Been close a few times, but the documentation saved me!.

I guess what I have learned,,, Read the books, do not try to recall from memory,,,,

And above all USE COMMON SENSE

Congratulations and all the best to you, CDA!

But, I hope that you will still stop by frequently and keep contributing your wisdom and insights to this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: cda
Dang, hate to lose our most prolific poster!

Good luck, and enjoy your retirement.

Pop in every now and the and say howdy, keep us up to date on your exploits!

Wait a minute, no way, need to get 61 post from you in 3 days, everyone start asking CDA questions......

On the flip side, enjoy what you do in your next endeavor, always enjoy your comments...

Congrats CDA!....I have quite a few years left so maybe I have a chance at catching up on posts now! Be well, take care, and check in from time to time...

cda, say it ant so! .. are you sure you can retire?
Someone check his math!

cda, congratulations, and thanks for all your helpful advice.
What do you plan to do with your time during retirement?

(You say you're located in your basement, but I'd like to imagine that "cda" stands for Coeur d' Alene and there's a lot of flyfishing in your future.)

If it's something that would make us all jealous, please do come back and post a few photos on this thread.
6 pictures x 1 picture per post = 21,000 posts.

This is the best news that I've received in weeks. A success story in every sense. While I will miss your input there is the wholehearted delight in knowing that you made it to the end of the road and now you enjoy the title of elder statesman. I
have always respected your participation and nobody has done more to help the forum grow than you.

@ ~ @ ~ @ ~ @

Agree with others ** cda **, I too have enjoyed your input
for lo', ...these few years.......Thank you for contributing
so much to this Forum !

I hope that you will enjoy your retirement.........You WILL
MOST DEFINITELY be missed !

I DO hope that you can come back and catch up with us !

@ ~ @ ~ @ ~ @

cda, congratulations, and thanks for all your helpful advice.
What do you plan to do with your time during retirement?

(You say you're located in your basement, but I'd like to imagine that "cda" stands for Coeur d' Alene and there's a lot of flyfishing in your future.)

If it's something that would make us all jealous, please do come back and post a few photos on this thread.
6 pictures x 1 picture per post = 21,000 posts.

A few things up in the air.

I do want to hone my photography skills

CDA, enjoy this next phase of your life. It is certainly well earned. You will certainly be missed here. Your positive attitude always showed in your posts and I feel that the forum will be diminished with your absence.

I do hope to see you stop by from time to time and say hello!

Congratulations! Now the big question... what are you going to do with all your old code books... ha, ha!