• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Ground Rod on the Inside? You make the call.

jar546

Forum Coordinator
This is a guard house. The EC decided to put this ground rod through the concrete in front of the panel. Unfortunately the EC was not present to ask some questions.

Is this a violation?

IMG_6609.JPG

I hope thats ok, i have done projects with the same condition. If i remember correctly, it was partly to satisfy the arcane and arbitrary demands of verizon. They wanted a ground rod within just a couple of feet of the dmark panel. They are worse than any building inspector. Nothing in writing, seems like whoever shows up for the pre-build inspection makes their own demands, and if you complain upstream ... if you can talk with a real person ... they always refer you back to the guy with the control freak attitude.