• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Hello everybody, and thanks

fnord

I'm just your average anti-authoritarian righteously indignant homeowner who knows more than anybody else. I found your forum while researching residential codes. This forum has the best information I've found so far. The forum's hivemind knows all of the relevant places to look in the codes, which is pretty valuable to me since even though I'm familiar with dry, technical content; it still takes a great deal of time to search for things, and makes an authoritative search practically impossible (especially if you don't know what to search for). It's also nice to learn the reasons for some of the codes which one might otherwise like to dismiss because we think they shouldn't apply to our use case.

Additionally, I found this "average day" thread by ICE/Tiger to have enough entertainment and educational value to come back again and again. Especially since, in addition to all of my other wonderful personality traits, I'm also very "efficient**" in my home repairs. The photos in that thread have inspired me to be less-so.

Anyway, thanks for having an open community of code inspectors, professional contractors, engineers, architects, other experts, and homeowners. I'll try not to junk the place up too badly.

** You know, a tad lazy.

: - :

fnord,

1st, ...Welcome to The Building Codes Forum! :cool:

2nd, ...As you come back again and again and again,

might I encourage you to become a Sawhorse and support

this great resource!.....Thanks!

3rd, ...this Forum is THE GREATEST on the internet

bar none!.....There is an enormous amount of human capital

on here that is unparalleled.......Also, if you find merit on

here, ...please tell your friends, colleagues & other

homeowners.

: - :

Don't pay any attention to the solicitations. You're a college instructor and an electronics engineer. We are code officials. You are eminently welcome but odds are that you will not do much more than look in. Let the users pay for this.

I see it too often. Some new guy says hello or starts a thread and right off the bat somebody hits them up for cash. This ain't church. I've done it myself and came to the conclusion that it is not a good idea. Well I did it to Glenn so that makes it OK.

Greetings...hey the fact that ICE is here means we'll take virtually anyone!

:mrgreen:

TJacobs said:
Greetings...hey the fact that ICE is here means we'll take virtually anyone!:mrgreen:
But only virtually....the real me is Shirley, more than most can handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
MTn Arch.. that's exactly what I was thinking... welcome to the forum and have fun fnord... don't call me Shirley

Ok, here I go.... Hey There, I am a newcomer to this Blogging.. I took North Star's advice and Joined in. I will try to sound smart.

$ $ $

1st, ...Welcome NMCB13 to The Building Codes Forum !

2nd, ...Please welcome NMCB13 to this Forum......He too is a fellow

armed forces veteran! [ Go Navy ! ]

I hope that you have a thick skin NMCB13 !.......This IS The Dark Side !

Mmmmmmmmwhaaaaaaa haaaaaa ! :devil

$ $ $