• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Hey Walgreens Wake Up

Policy...yes, contractors and inspectors.....not so much...The first urinal doesn't need to be accessible typically, but you would still need the IPC 30"

I see that the penny didn't get picked up, must have been tales?

Just reviewed a CVS, they didn't have that issue in their bathroom, not trying to tell you where to get your meds at all!

Sorry, after I zoomed in, "that's not a penny!"

Looks more like a Jolly Rancher, 3-second rule or 3-day, Jar!

4. Where no more than one urinal is provided in a toilet room or bathing room, the urinal is not required to be accessible.

2015 IBC 1109

I assume that the logic is that the urinal is never the only fixture (W/C)....

ADASAD 213.3.3 Urinals. Where more than one urinal is provided, at least one shall comply with 605.

I have to confess that it took me a long time to realize that the first urinal doesn't need to be accessible. A common mistake, apparently. I see toilet rooms with one urinal mounted low on the wall all the time, but that is not required. Although, code is minimum, I suppose.