• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

How Close ?

globe trekker

I have a residential in-ground swimming pool project that I am reviewing.

QUESTION: I have seen the minimum separation distance listed somewhere, but what is the minimum separation

distance that an in-ground, reinforced steel foundation, gunite applied type of pool be away from the property line?

Thanks ya'll! :)

Re: How Close ?

Check Zoning, I don't believe it's in the I-codes. (even if it is, Zoning will likely have a greater setback requirement)

We have a setback requirement in our zoning code, which I think is about 10 feet. They base it on if a kid can get on top of the required barrier or fence, they can't reach the pool by jumping off.

Maybe you're thinking about the distance from overhead electrical lines. Ours is 10' in our area.

Mule,

Nope! I was actually thinking about the minimum distance to the property lines [ i.e. - the minimum setback distance ], but thanks for the input.