• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

I want a heated pool

Re: I want a heated pool

I gave up thinking I'd seen it all a long time ago. Pics like that reinforce my decision! :D

I'm just surprised it's not a gas-fired water heater! :lol:

Would be cheaper and easier to just hang a few bucket heaters over the side of the pool on extenstion cords. Just watch out for the hot exposed elements and dont drop the cord in the water.

http://www.westernranchsupply.com/body. ... &sub_id=20

1000 Watt Bucket Heater

Allied Precision

Designed to boil water. While immersed in water, will heat continuously past 150 degrees F and towards boiling, depending on the volume of water and the container insulation. Comes with a stainless steel guard and has an automatic shut-off. May be used in plastic or metallic buckets. 1000 watts, 120 volts. 1 year warranty.

API742G $ 35.00

Let's see... A bucket heater ought to be good for about 5 gallons... an above-ground pool is only about 10-18,000 gallons, so I only need about 500-900 heaters @ $35 each... that's about...

As crazy as hooking up a hot water heater under my deck!!! :lol: :lol:

well, that.. and the wiring and boxes not approved for wet locations (which under a deck is).

But they put silicone in all the openings and fixtures so water can't get in. :D

"As crazy as hooking up a hot water heater under my deck!!!"

John, why are you heating hot water? :roll:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol:

BTW, awesome installation......... :shock:

fat.. you're too funny..

Why do we call them Hot Water Heaters, and not just water heaters?

oh, thank you pretty lady......... :D

I don't know, it's kinda like putting in a "cement" patio.........I don't think a "cement" structure would last to long, need a little more than cement to make it last. ;)

peach said:
Why do we call them Hot Water Heaters, and not just water heaters?
"WE" don't. Only those who have not benn around me call the hot water heaters! I've been correcting plumbers and city managers for years! :D

220, 221 whatever it takes...

remember that Michael Keaton line?

cement, concrete.. wood stove.. wood burning stove...

semantics.. :)

"How about "combustable air"?"

LOL, I had a contractor that continued to use "combination air", even after a couple genle references to "combustion air"........