• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC CFM

DKnoch

I just passed the 01 module, and have sent off for my CBO. I was getting ready for fire inspector 1 (66 exam) in a month or two. In reading the new path for CFM, i should only have to pass the FC exam though. It makes no mention of 66, 67, F3, or any of the other tests being required. I talked to an ICC rep a week ago and that's what they said as well, but I didnt specifically ask about 66 or 67 exams. Can anybody confirm or deny this? Thanks

Thanks for response. I called ICC today and yes I just need the FC exam to get my ICC CFM. Does anybody have and willing to sell (at a reasonable price) or rent to me the following:
1. 2014 nfpa 921
2. IFSTA Fire and Life Safety Educator, 3rd edition
3. Special Inspection Manual 2012 edition
Also, South Carolina has their own fire marshal certification. The ICC fire marshal cert appears to be tougher to get overall, but in my current situation I should be able to get it quicker. SC fire marshal requires you go to the academy and take a class with a test at the end. Only prerequisite is fire inspector 1 (can be subbed with cbo or a couple other certs), but they only have it a few times a year from what i can see. Im assuming as an ICC CFM, I would still be a fire marshal in south carolina, but i havent recieved a definitive answer yet

Just to clarify, at this time I am a fire inspector I, I what to get more certs. I am not sure if I should get FI 2 and plan review or if I should just go for my CFM. Does anyone have thoughts on it.

Just to clarify, at this time I am a fire inspector I, I what to get more certs. I am not sure if I should get FI 2 and plan review or if I should just go for my CFM. Does anyone have thoughts on it.

Do you have to be CBO certified to get CFM???

If so are you willing and able

They are the same tests for it. With CFM one extra test.
I dont need to have any other certs for my job but to me it always looks better to have them.

They are the same tests for it. With CFM one extra test.
I dont need to have any other certs for my job but to me it always looks better to have them.

So you have to be CBO?

I would say if early in your career and you plan to stay in prevention, and possibly be a FM, than yes get it

Looks good on paper

Not sure if some cities require it or could substitute