• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Imad Naffa

mark handler

SAWHORSE
Imad Naffa passed away Tuesday morning after a massive heart attack.

He was only 49 years old

president and founder of NAFFA International, www.NAFFAinc.com, a private building code consulting firm in Fresno, CA.

Creator of The Building Code Discussions Group (BCDG),

http://www.naffainc.com/DiscussionGroupFiles/Discussion%20Group%20Resumes/AdministratorResume.htm

his memorial service will be held on Saturday, 9-10-11, at 10:00 a.m. at the Peoples Church in the G L Johnson Chapel.

7172 N. Cedar Ave., Fresno, CA. 93720

Phone #559-298-8001

I did not know Imad. My goodness, 49. So very young. May he rest in peace and my very best to his family.

Oh my! How sad. He was very knowledgeable and did multiple posts on LinkedIn and Twitter for code awareness. Thanks for sharing this Mark.

Imad really was one of the good guys - knowledgeable about the codes, willing to listen and work with the DP's to make sure their drawings were compliant, and focused on helping anyone that asked. He will be sorely missed!

I liked his board but it was too California for me...sorry to hear of his passing.

I had a few great conversations with Imad during the RFS early days prior to the IRC adoption. Imad will be missed as will his wealth of knowledge in the built environment and the application of codes and standards.

Wow, that is so sad to hear. I met Imad years ago when his company was doing third party plan reviews for Montery County, where I worked. He taught several classes at our monthly inspectors meetings, mostly on Title 24 accessibility. A very sharp mind. He will be missed.

GPE