• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Interesting Vent Configuration

Alias

This is what I was called to inspect for a TI for the space next door. They added two hair washing sinks hence the need for the venting. Gee, I'm sure the tenant for this space will sure appreciate the vents being in their space below the dropped ceiling............ ;) Sue

View attachment 1266

View attachment 1267

View attachment 1268

View attachment 1266

View attachment 1267

View attachment 1268

/monthly_2010_04/3.jpg.90cc1bf831096d5d14c7ffa1cd123c67.jpg

/monthly_2010_04/4.jpg.91b868db9bd9e567197b27c66af533c0.jpg

/monthly_2010_04/2.jpg.c00072d38401b1120d48e5e6b2e7e891.jpg

Re: Interesting Vent Configuration

jar546 said:
Does not go to an approved AAV does it?
No, just ends where you see it. What boggled my mind was why they did it like this?!? Wouldn't it be easier to drill a hole in the top plate and pop it through the roof? Instead, they cut the new sheetrock and vented it into the space next door. :? :roll:

They couldn't figure out why I was upset. I whipped out my cell phone and took these pictures and added them to my 'you're never gonna believe this' file. :lol:

Sue, "Codes, what codes? We don't need no stinkin' codes!"

Sue,

Soooo, what did you have them do to become compliant ? You know, us inquiring

minds wanna know. :D

P.S. Appreciate the pics., pics. area always good. We like to view the 'freakery' too! :lol:

globe trekker said:
Sue,

Soooo, what did you have them do to become compliant ? You know, us inquiring

minds wanna know. :D

P.S. Appreciate the pics., pics. area always good. We like to view the 'freakery' too! :lol:

I made them pop it through the top plate of the partion wall between the units and then the roof. :mrgreen:

I wish the ranchers would stick to ranching..........

Sue, happy to share my odd pics. :D