• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

IPCC Official Reveals True Motive Behind Climate Change Movement

packsaddle

Silver Member
"First of all, developed countries have basically expropriated the atmosphere of the world community. But one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world's wealth by climate policy. Obviously, the owners of coal and oil will not be enthusiastic about this. One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole."

- Ottmar Edenhofer, Co-Chair of IPCC

Thanks for that Pack, that's right from the IPCC itself, the truth will come out.

Climate policy has almost nothing to do anymore with environmental protection, says the German economist and IPCC official Ottmar Edenhofer. The next world climate summit in Cancun is actually an economy summit during which the distribution of the world's resources will be negotiated. Neue Zürcher Zeitung, 14 November 2010¹
The Green Police are becoming more relevant, anyone enforcing the Green Codes is a traitor, and should not be able to rely upon the Nuremberg Defense of "just following orders". Anyone profiting off the green fraud should be treated as criminals just like the World War II war profiteers were, be they LEED certified, BuildItGreen raters, or architects or contractors profiteering off this worldwide scam. . ¹ http://thegwpf.org/ipcc-news/1877-ipcc-official-climate-policy-is-redistributing-the-worlds-wealth.html

I DON'T CARE... tell me what to enforce, and I'll enforce the CODE... not some standard..

Pack, dose this mean what I think it means? Hang the cow leadership? Well, they are giving the igcc away for free!???

Just my 2 cents but... any jursidiction that adopts that pos (igcc) is too far gone to expect any rational behaviour. In other words they are NUTS!!!

Peach said:
I DON'T CARE... tell me what to enforce, and I'll enforce the CODE..
Sorry Peach, that's what the Nazi war criminals said. I have a friend who "was" a motorcycle cop, he like to smoke and drink in a bar, 12 years ago, when California was debating it's no-smoking ban in bars I met with him, I said: "If they pass this law will you arrest the people in here if you see them smoking like you are sworn to do? He responded: "No, I will never enforce an immoral law like that, if they pass the law I'll quit my job." They did and he did.

Adolph Hitler is know as the first "Green":

Historians have either overlooked or forgotten that sweeping Nazi environmental laws, all signed by Hitler and considered to be his pet projects, preceded the racially charged Nuremberg Laws, reflecting the fact that Nazi racism was rooted in ecology.¹
If you enforce these laws you are no better than the Gestapo, the whole country is on to ithttp://www.aim.org/aim-report/hitlers-green-killing-machine/

Last edited by a moderator:
At a certin point we should ask if this has become a tea-party forum. I actually believe that my rights and my quality of life are at more risk from the tea-party and the likes of Conarb than from those concerned about global warming.

There is a principle that your rights end where mine begin. When there is a lot of space between people and the ability of an individual to poison the common environment was small we do not have much of a problem. But when we have a lot of people close together and each as a large ability to impact the environment we share, then there needs to be consideration for the rights of others. The laws, as imperfect as they may be, are the result of some inividuals acting without concern for others.

If you want to be free of the need to be considerate of others then move to someplace where there are no other people and not use poluting technologies.

On the other hand the claims of conspiricies takes me back to the 60's and 70's. I think there was a high correlation between conspiricies and the drugs that were being taken.

Mark K said:
At a certin point we should ask if this has become a tea-party forum. I actually believe that my rights and my quality of life are at more risk from the tea-party and the likes of Conarb than from those concerned about global warming.
That point has long passed And yet they wonder what killed the ICC website.

Oh yeah, when we are engaging in social engineering based upon scientific fraud? When we as a nation are printing fiat money and the world is calling for abandoning the U.S. dollar?

(Reuters) - A new United Nations report released on Tuesday calls for abandoning the U.S. dollar as the main global reserve currency, saying it has been unable to safeguard value. But several European officials attending a high-level meeting of the U.N. Economic and Social Council countered by saying that the market, not politicians, would determine what currencies countries would keep on hand for reserves.

"The dollar has proved not to be a stable store of value, which is a requisite for a stable reserve currency," the U.N. World Economic and Social Survey 2010 said.

The report says that developing countries have been hit by the U.S. dollar's loss of value in recent years.¹
If we keep this up we will have no wealth to distribute and no buildings to build.¹ http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65S40620100629

mark/mark,

i posted the above quote to solicit feedback from other members here.

i agree conarb's nazi analogy is a bit extreme, but each member has his/her own opinion on the subject.

so, why don't you address Ottmar Edenhofer's comments instead of attacking a straw man?

read the quote again.

do you think Ottmar Edenhofer is a credible person?

do you agree with Ottmar Edenhofer?

if not, why?

if so, does Ottmar Edenhofer's admission change your opinion about the "climate change" movement?

So, only when you start a thread, all posts must stay on target.

You can hijack, and throw snide comments others threads, but not your own.

Each of us need to decide what is best for ourselves. This is an open site. It is not a tea party movement. The thread Tea anyone is only directed at the issues that surround ICC. Both Marks are good contributors and I often enjoy what they post, although I may not agree on all position they present. The whole green movement and global change for me is a bit over the top. In short I don't agree. However, I do agree with the comments about rights and how they start and stop.

Edenhofer is right. Lose the profit motive, there is no green movement. Watch as utility prices climb as business and governments finance themselves on utilities in coming decades. Gotta create the scarcity before you raise the prices. Remember the lines at the gas pumps in the seventies.

This is a tea party forum of sorts. Only took me about an hour to fiqure that out, and I am a dull bulb. Just bright enough to keep coming back for more.

Ottmar is not commenting on the science behind the environmental concerns. I do not know the context of the comments. If he is saying that the efforts to change will have unequal impacts on different communities, there will be unintended consequences, or that special interests groups will distort it to further their interests I probably could agree with him.

This does not mean that we should not change. It just means that we need to be thoughtful in how we make the changes. We also need to see the special interests and fear mongers for who they are.

I would suggest that those who claim global warming is a conspiracy and deny our impact on the environment are partners with the special interests resisting change because it will not be to their personal advantage. If you are into conspiracies you might suggest that they were part of a conspiracy to deny climate change. On the other hand they may have a symbiotic relationship.

conarb said:
Oh yeah, when we are engaging in social engineering If we keep this up we will have no wealth to distribute and no buildings to build.
Oil companies will keep the advertizing companies in the green.

California—Proposition 23

Oil companies dumped $9.5 million into a campaign against it

Mark said:
Oil companies dumped $95 million into a campaign against it
More misinformation, "Big Green" outspent the "evil oil companies" 3 to 1.

Contra Costa Times said:
Opponents of Proposition 23, the ballot measure that would suspend California's landmark global warming legislation, have long argued that supporters of the measure were prepared to flood the state with money for the initiative. But with little more than two weeks until the Nov. 2 election, that flood has yet to materialize. And the No on 23 campaign -- a coalition that includes environmentalists, venture capitalists, social justice groups and some of Silicon Valley's hottest cleantech companies -- is outpacing Yes on 23 in fundraising by more than a 2-1 ratio.

Donations of $1,000 or more must be filed with the California Secretary of State's Office within a 24-hour period, so fundraising tallies fluctuate daily. As of 1 p.m. Thursday, Yes on 23 had raised $9.1 million, while the various committees working to defeat Prop. 23 had raised $19.6 million, according to MAPLight.org, a nonpartisan research organization that tracks the influence of money on politics.

If you subtract the $2 million that Yes on 23 had to spend to gather signatures to put the measure on the ballot, the disparity is closer to 3-to-1.¹
¹ http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_16344465?IADID=Search-www.contracostatimes.com-www.contracostatimes.com

"There is a principle that your rights end where mine begin."

My right to swing ends at the edge of your nose" My quote. Mark, discorse is a good thing. Tea party??? Well... that is a national debate. But I have to side with canarb.

peach,??? " I DON'T CARE... tell me what to enforce, and I'll enforce the CODE..." If the icc (cow) code says to execute all that stand against the green code would you follow? I think not. I know better. Push come to shove??? The bunny huggers better be better armed. I hope that it never comes to that but if it dose please come to my front door. Then we will both know. God help me.

mark, your points are well taken. Who among us does not want lowed our utility bills? Who among us wants alturnitive energy sources? Perhaps the same goels with different perspectives? Perhaps this country is in fact too big like the former USSR?

Tea Party??? Ya, right. Not even close. I don't belong to any party except the Constitution of the United States of America.

Okay. Tea party is an exaggeration.

Like RJJ points out, the freedom of exchange of ideas about where rights start and stop is excellent. For me personally, it has energized the building code and made it much more of a dynamic thing.

I am inspired to make some difference . . . to become more engaged.

Of course, it might have just been something i ate.

The post on this board represent on a small scale the truth of the bigger picture. Not everyone thinks and believes alike and that fact that we can express this openly in this country and on this board is one reason to be Thankfull this Thursday.

Mark said:
Think Conarb, are you trying to impose your values on me?
If you equate my desire to impose the values of freedom this country was founded upon, with a value system of confiscating the wealth of the first world and redistributing it to the third world as imposing my values on you, the answer is yes.