• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

IRC Chapter 3 Live Webinars!

Glenn

Corporate Supporter
Staff member
The Oregon Permit Tech Association has scheduled my entire 9-part, 13.5 hr IRC Chapter 3 Live Webinar series for their members. However, in support of the BuildingCodeCollege.com mission to make quality code education available for everyone, we require our Live Webinars to be open to everyone. OPTA members, sign up through OPTA and support your organization. But for the rest of the public, go to BuildingCodeCollege.com

There are two 90-minute webinars each day of the week Nov 1st - 5th (one on Wed). They are $23 each for 90 min. ICC and AIA approved. There is a package deal for all 9 for $180 (discounted from $207). However, remember that Full Enrollment members get everything for a year for only $299

Chapter 3 of the IRC is the most important chapter of that 1000+ page book. The webinars are based on the 2018, but I give a few nods to things that changed in 2021.

NO ONE has an IRC chapter 3 class like this... You will not be disappointed. OPTA didn't schedule this webinar series blindly... they know what they are getting. AWESOMENESS!

The code provision in this hilarious "motivational poster" I created is covered in "Stairways" on Nov. 3rd.

Attachments

• caution door opens wrong way.jpeg
    caution door opens wrong way.jpeg
    478.8 KB · Views: 7

Glenn

Corporate Supporter
Staff member
Would that be required handrails on one side or both?
Neither. We can only see three risers. Handrails are only required at 4 or more rises. However, from the looks of things, I'm thinking guards are necessary...