• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

jpranch goes green!

jpranch

Platinum Member
Well, what the heck? If you can't beat'em jump in and manage them? Just became a founding committee member of the "stainability advisory committee" for our jurisdiction.Hope you all enjoy and have fun with the title of this thread. I put it out here with the intent for some really good dicussion and a few good shots across the bow. Yes, I have sold out. Just looking on how to make money off all this.All kidding aside we will look at energy, waste product management, and water management. It has to make sense and pay! View attachment 445Show me the money and return on investment! Well there you have it. Have fun at my expense!

View attachment 1392

View attachment 1392

/monthly_2010_08/COW..jpg.aac59ee51ddd759604b3960d0170df99.jpg

Well, it ALL has an excellent return on investment as long as it uses our tax dollars to implement... When my tax dollars pay for someone to put up a wind generator in a wind zone that will ensure a payback approximately 273 years after the life expectancy of the unit, it's still an excellent return on investment for the owner.

JP:

You should really stay on your horse making your green code inspections, horses are green. The rest of the guys and gals here we are putting them on Segways like the green police in the Audi Superbowl commercial, but Segways don't do well on country terrain, the owner of Segway just killed himself riding on off-road terrain, poor guy made his first fortune war profiteering, was trying to make his second on green profiteering.

JP,

Ya'll be careful out there. I seen news that Grizzlys are spreading out across Wyoming and surprising some folks, who didn't expect to see them in their area.

Uncle Bob

There is also another you have to look out for. Here kitty, kitty, kitty. The wolves are now also in the Bighorn. Bad deal.

Aren't wolves canines and not felines?

Here I thought you were going to tell us you're riding that horse to work and hitchin' him up at the local hitching post... I'm disappointed.. :)

peach said:
Aren't wolves canines and not felines?Here I thought you were going to tell us you're riding that horse to work and hitchin' him up at the local hitching post... I'm disappointed.. :)
peach, kitty = mountain lion. So many that we absolutly do not hunt alone any more. The wolves have migrated from the yellowstone country east to the Bighorn and now onto prairie. Griz is now also in the Bighorn as well. Just a matter of time before they are on the praire as well.

I haven't yet seen a regulatory committee that wasn't self sustainig, Thats almost as Ironic as me being a regulator after cursing the process for 20+ years

My theory (to this day) on regulators, building, fire, planning, zoning, (pick your poision) is NEVER ASK an official what they want! It's like asking the used car salesman what they want for the car!

1281:

We had two hospitals here, Mt. Diablo, a public hospital;, and John Muir, a private hospital, John Muir was the hospital of choice of the better doctors, run much more efficiently that the public hospital, 13 years ago the the private hospital took over the public hospital, yet the board has stayed in business doing nothing but paying itself and providing benefits for it's members. They are trying to disband it, look at the problems killing a do-nothing public agency.

If I was a better "active listener" I would have caught the name of the place in (I think Pennsylvania) in a discussion last week. The city recycles everything, including composting everything in the landfill. The methane produced sustains everything and the citizens get money back from the jurisdiction every year. When they close a landfill, they sell it as a combination golf course/ski area.

That's good green!

If I'm going to move to Gillette in a few years, I need a little topography... just thinkin'

peach, by all means look me up! The signs are ther that we may be headed for another boom about 6 to 12 months out. Oil & natural gas. A lot happening here. Are you looking for living in town or perhaps something a bit more civilized?