• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Just a thought . . .

permitguy

Gold Member
Take it or leave it! :cool:

We all know of topics that get brought up repeatedly with no consensus. I thought it might be a good idea to make these topics "sticky" and place them at the top of the appropriate forum. We could acknowledge - up front - that there is no universal agreement, this isn't likely to change any time soon, present a quick overview of each side of the argument, and either lock it as "read-only" or leave it unlocked for continuous posting. If someone re-posts a question regarding one of these topics, they could be directed to the sticky and their thread locked down so we don't re-hash the same arguments time and again. I'm not saying every disagreement should get this treatment, just certain ones that get brought up over and over again - subject to the opinion of the moderators (or by member vote using the poll option).

This is how similar situations are handled on other forums I belong to, so I thought I'd mention it.

Some examples:

1. "Type I or Type II Hood Over a Pizza Oven" in the Commercial Mechanical forum.

2. "What is a Bedroom" in the Residential Design forum.

3. "Access to Uninhabitable Spaces" in the Residential Design forum.

4. "The 'S' Word" in the Residential Fire Codes forum. ;)

Re: Just a thought . . .

Permitguy, Greetings from Wyoming! Hope you are well "down south". I wouldn't slam the lid on the RS debate just yet. I betting that after next week there will be quite a lot of posts. I have my crystal ball right here in front of me and it's quite clear. I predict a repeat of Minneapolis.

We have not begun to beat this dead horse! LOL :lol:

Re: Just a thought . . .

Permit:

Regarding the "S" word in Residential Fire Code; the moderator has edited the one thread's heading and content to reflect the intent of the posting.