• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Just found this site !!!!!

lklima

Just found this site yesterday when I googled for some info on the difference between a crawl space and a basement. I got some input from some of posts, so I decided to join. Maybe I might be able to share some of my expertise. I am in the norther part of Michigan and we use the 2009 Michigan Building Code and Michigan Residential Code. I have been a Building Inspector, Plan Reviewer and Zoning Administrator for 15 yrs. Being here for only 1 day, I have noticed that just like any other forum there are members that like to attack others or downgrade someone. I hope to not see anymore of this. I feel a person should be able to voice their opinion and not have others criticize them, I have seen it at every forum site that I have belonged to......................................... I am looking forward to to getting info that I need from this site and being able to share some things that I know I am glad I found this site... lklima

Welcome. This is the place to be! There is some very good stuff here and I hope you will enjoy this site. Yes there can be some "spirited" debates and a few jabs but rest assured that the moderators do a very good job. One of the best things about this site is that there is very little need to moderate. Again welcome. Jump on in the water is fine!

lklima said:
I am looking forward to to getting info that I need from this site and being able to share some things that I know I am glad I found this site...
Ditto, I've found good information on Michgans code interpretations during research, look forward to your input as well lklima. Welcome!

Welcome! And, yes you will either need to be perfect, and right 100% of the time, or have some thickened skin, and able to take your lumps when you are faced with differing opinions. It's all fun though.........trust me.

Welcome lklima,

The best part about this site is you get correct views from both sides of the fence and the right answers to your questions.

Simply your 3 for 1

Enjoy the banter and dive in, the bickering is just the added bonus to watch and wonder.

TBzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

lklima said:
Being here for only 1 day, I have noticed that just like any other forum there are members that like to attack others or downgrade someone. I hope to not see anymore of this. lklima
Oh really! You're just not ready for this.

I'm seeing ice cream on the sidewalk.

Brudgers, whip us up a video.

welcome.. and grow thick skin.. at least for a month or so; some of us can purposely be challenging to get "the rest of the story".. usually nothing malicious.. probing and having fun (unfortunately at someone else's expense and we've all been there). Hang in.. be strong.. buy a zen garden to keep at your desk and engage your opponents.. :)

I love poking the bear with a stick. Bad habit though. The bear has gotton out of the cage and had the last laugh many times.

Welcome..... This BB is like a family, at times we scuffle, yell, scream, at each other..... But everybody has an opinion and you are free to express your opinion. The MODS on this board have a full time job just trying to ensure that people don't send in spam --- bob and jane love potion bullcrap and such.

Enjoy the board, have a thick skin, but most importantly- when you need support or want to know an answer ---- this place rocks!!

P.S. BE smart if a post gets under your skin - wait a day or so before you respond. By then, you can formulate an intelligent response.

It is easier to vent via BB, text, e-mail than look somebody in the eye....... as my pappy used to say - never get into an arguement with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you to death with years of experience.

(Took me a whiile to fully understand this... and still fail on occasion.)

[QUO I have noticed that just like any other forum there are members that like to attack others or downgrade someone. I hope to not see anymore of this.

that's just kermudgers speaking! he is the nuetered, toothless, declawed, drooling, pit bull welcoming committee at the door. get by him and it is a great place to be :mrgreen: welcome

jpranch said:
I love poking the bear with a stick. Bad habit though. The bear has gotton out of the cage and had the last laugh many times.
That's a great idea for your next director video...:lol: