• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Legacy Codes

KZQuixote

Sawhorse
Does any one know of a internet resource that can tell me which codes were in effect in a given jurisdiction in the past?

TIA

Bill

KZQuixote said:
Does any one know of a internet resource that can tell me which codes were in effect in a given jurisdiction in the past?TIA

Bill
When I moved in I had to research the town warrants to make a chart of the historic code adoptions in my jurisdiction. No one had a clue.

Probably not. Here in NYS an enterprising individual compiled a list of what year every jurisdiction opted in Statewide Code Enforcement. Mandatory since 1984, it was a mixed bag prior to that.

Thanks Guys,

I'm trying to find out which code was in effect in Naples, FL in 2000/2001. Also, I'm trying to find out when and by which ordinance/statute Dade Notices of Acceptance began to be accepted, more or less, statewide.

TIA

Bill

Call the city secretary or similar keeper of the records and that person is suppose to be able tell you

May take open records request